Monday, September 6, 2010

Hearty Home - a requested Maxis makeover


My version.

I received a request to rebuild Hearty Home about a week ago.  It came in the lot bin with the Seasons EP.  I had a lot of fun doing a makeover on it. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, although I did forget to add all the light fixtures I meant to, oops. I kept all the outside walls intact, but knocked out and rebuilt all the interior walls. I changed the windows, doors and decor, although I did stick with mostly Seasons stuff. I changed the roof and added a loft bedroom and bathroom that is weatherproof for Seasons. I expanded the porches and added a sun porch to the front of the house. I also added a deck to the back and a greenhouse. I knocked out the bathroom wall in the separate building and added on a bathroom, making it a bigger building which will be a nice home business, or could be used for something else. I kept the ponds as they are and changed the fencing and flooring on the bridge and added a little arch to it..

I did briefly playtest a copy of the lot, and didn't find any problems.

The original lot.














Loft



Upstairs



Main floor

Lot Size: 3x5
Lot Price: §95,709

Lot features:
4 bedrooms
3 full baths, 2 half baths
home business space
greenhouse
deck
no cc

Additional credits:  Neveah223 for the roof tile with white trim which is not packed with the lot, but can be downloaded here.

Requires All EPs + Mansion & Garden 

Requirements note: I also have Family Fun and Celebration SP's, although those may not required, especially if you install the house with Sims2Pack Clean Installer.

Download Hearty Home (880.8 KB)

6 comments:

Simsstories said...

Would fit nicely into Riverblossom Hills! Definately more Seasons-oriented than the original.

Twoflower said...

Thank you so much, Nonikk! :)

Nikki said...

Really nice! It's nothing like I expected. I thought you'd have to demolish it and start from scratch to give it a good flow and curb appeal. I've wanted a country home for my sims for a while now. this is great. I almost had one with a house that came with the Riverblossom town, it was so cute on the outside. But once again, the game makers gave it a funny layout on the inside with not enough bedrooms. Thanks.

Twoflower said...

I'm glad you liked it, Nikki. I enjoyed remodeling it. Do you know which house in Riverblossom that you liked? Maybe I could tweak it a little without completely changing it. ;)

Nikki said...

It's 102 Firefly Pass. I chose Hearty Home for you before because I figured it would be easier to find. And it was kinda ugly and really needed some help :) You did a great job. I wish I could visualize how to do remodeling.

Twoflower said...

Thanks, Nikki! :) I'll see what I can do for 102 Firefly Pass.